Friday, October 23, 2009

Hans Zimmer


I couldn't help but blogging about Hans Zimmer. Go figure why.

Who is Hans Zimmer? Probably the most in demand film composer of the moment. Some of the motion pictures he composed for: The Lion King, Mission Impossible, Shrek, Pirates of the Caribbean's, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Angels and Demons, Spirit, The Gladiotar, Rain Man, The Dark Knight ... and the list goes on.

He's gotten several Academy Awards, Grammy Awards and Golden Globe Awards.

Since I've been interested in film composing for a number of years now, people like Hans Zimmer and John Williams caught my attention. About a year ago, I had found out Hans Zimmer had his own studio where he records and engineers his music, all of that with a team of engineers. Now, I can tell you his studio is amazing. I look back into my tiny garage and... well let's just say my little studio's not even the worth of a millionth of Hans'.

Every time I see a movie that Hans Zimmer worked on, I could tell right away. And I'm never disappointed.

Without music, movies wouldn't be the same. It's with the genius of composers that movies can have more impact.

Writing a rock song is one thing. Writing music to different scenes of a movie, making sure the emotion is felt through the music, making sure the timing is correct, and making sure that you meet a director's expectations, on the other hand, is much more intricate.

No comments:

Post a Comment