Friday, November 6, 2009

Mt San Antonio College Fall Choir Concert


For the very first time of my life, I've taken part of a choir concert. But this time, I was part of the choir.

I've been stuck many years behind a piano. Whether it was doing classical piano and piano recitals, or playing for jazz band, or playing for the string orchestra, or playing for wind ensemble, or playing for a choir. It was time I stepped away from that and joined a choir group.

And so I did. This semester, I was part of Mt SAC's concert choir.

I've been to a couple of the concerts in the previous years. But being part of the program gave me another insight of it all.

The concert went well. I guess there was plenty room of improvement. But that's okay. The music was pretty hard I suppose for everyone.

The highlight of the night definitely was being able to watch the Chamber Singers. Chamber is the top choir at Mt SAC. They've gotten many awards, including Choir of the World a few years ago. Directed by Bruce Rogers, their work keeps awing me. Their performance left me speechless. It even brought tears to a friend of mine. Now THAT'S music. Music that can touch you that much.

If you ever get the chance to, you should check them out. It's simply an amazing experience. Even if you aren't into classical music, this group will change the way you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment