Saturday, November 14, 2009

Choir Recording Session


After all the trouble, the internship almost getting in the way, and the laptop crashing the night before that is, we were finally able to run a choir recording session.

I had struggled my way through my illness to lay down as many vocal tracks as possible, to make it easier for whoever would come in for the session. Let's just say that I have plenty of re-recording to do once my voice is completely back.

For some reason, I knew the turnout would be bad. I had a gut feeling that I would fail at trying to get people together at my place to form a choir. It had been several weeks already I tried to reach different people from different places. But against all odds and against all my efforts, only a very few came to show up early afternoon. I had hoped for a good 15 or 20 people, but merely a few showed up at first. After finally spending my last efforts texting people and making some last phone calls, about a dozen turned out at my house.

The session went relatively well. I had to teach the parts to everyone, make sure it was on beat and on pitch. Since everyone was being miked and we didn't have some kind sound booth, everything had to be recorded acapella, which made everything a little bit harder.

But it came out just fine. Everyone was really cooperative and patient. Though it was a small choir, I hope I'll be able to pull off what I had in mind with the songs.

It meant a lot for the dozen people to come out today, and put their time and effort into this. We're all very thankful for everyone single person's support.

No comments:

Post a Comment