Thursday, November 19, 2009

Feu at Faith Community Church


Here's a gig I'm quite excited about.

Most of the times, we've been playing gigs in Chris' backyards, or in bars where obviously only people over 21 could go.

So, we get to play outside of good old Baldwin Park, a place where anyone could go and it doesn't involve playing on grass.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing at home, at Chris' house, but there's a point where you need to get out of the nest. This is a chance to reach audiences that have never heard about us also.

Another thing I'm excited about; it's at Faith. I've been involved there ever since I moved to the US. I started off by joining the high school band that would lead worship every weekend. If it wasn't for this church, I would have never been introduced to playing rock music. Joining the high school group was what inspired me to get a band of my own, writing my own music. This leads me to say that, without Faith, there wouldn't be Feu. This is why it means even more to me to be able to play here.

I got the chance of getting our music to the ears of Joe Romero, whom eventually invited me and the band to play at Epic, the high school and college services that take place on Thursdays.

Here's the info for tonight:

1211 East Badillo Street
West Covina, CA 91790

It starts at 8pm on the dot. We're the only band playing.

I hope to see you all out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment