Friday, September 18, 2009

Review: Mute Math


Since I made a review on my previous blog about my top favorite band Muse, I figured I'd review Mute Math as well, for they are one of our favorite bands too, and as much influential as Muse to our music.

Mute Math came out with their second album entitled "Armistice." They also clearly have printed their own style in the music scene ever since their first album.

They've been getting the attention they deserved, ever since they came up with a cool and unique music video for their song "Typical," which got them a Grammy nomination last year.

After that, they got their single "Spotlight" on the Twilight soundtrack and have been getting a great boost from there.

Mute Math is amazing live. I saw them a couple years back, and their stamina on stage blew me away. It was a performance that I'll never forget. Maybe, the fact it was a small venue made an easier impact on the crowd, but sometimes that's what it is all about. In October, I will be making the comparison when I will go watch them in LA.

Going back to their new album, their style has grown also, and it's always fun to listen to it on a bad day. The vocals are much more powerful than the previous album, and there's a lot more piano than before. Great stuff. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment